This Week in Consulting
Friday, March 23rd, 2018
The Core Four Elements of a Solid Digital Health Infrastructure
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“We are no longer in the exploratory phase. Many companies risk lagging behind because they aren’t adopting these new technologies or are ill-equipped to maximize their value.”
2018 will be a tipping point for mainstream adoption of popular digital health tech/solutions and the transition of noble technologies from research/proof-of-concept to actionable healthcare and clinical applications. These technologies, and the data and insights that they provide, are changing the way the pharma industry engages with patients and providers. It is important to understand what can do to lay the groundwork for a solid Digital health infrastructure. This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from ZS Associates, in which the consultants give an expert perspective on what it takes to build a digital health infrastructure that will lead to better care for patients and better outcomes for pharmaceutical companies.
Read the full article “The Core Four Elements of a Solid Digital Health Infrastructure”, written by Anshul Agarwal, Hensley Evans and Connie Bazos from ZS Associates.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Data geek Joel Selanikio talks through the sea change in collecting health data in the past decade — starting with the Palm Pilot and Hotmail, and now moving into the cloud.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- PwC Partners Northern Trust to Launch Blockchain Audits: PwC has partnered global asset management company Northern Trust to launch a new blockchain-based auditing system. The platform will enable audit firms to access fund data stored on a private equity blockchain, in order to audit specific events in real time. | Michael del Castillo, Coindesk
- Moorhouse Consulting Joins Forces with SQS and Assystem Technologies: Moorhouse Consulting has been acquired by Software Quality Systems. Following SQS’ own acquisition by Assystem Technologies, the trio will now combine to form a new entity, offering up a holistic end-to-end transformation package for a world-wide client base. | SQS Press Release
- N2Growth Establishes South African Presence through Strategic Acquisition: Global leadership consultancy N2Growth has consolidated its international presence by covering a major geographical gap in its operations; a presence in Africa. The firm has acquired a controlling interest in South African executive search and leadership consultancy Landelahni Group for an undisclosed amount. | Cision PR Newswire
- Three Quarters of Supply Chain Leaders Believe More Digitization is Needed: Supply chain planning remains an important aspect of wider business performance. While supply chain planning is generally well performed, new analysis shows that future changes, including more robust digital solutions, are likely to bring positive impact to performances in various segments. | Consultancy.uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- 2018 Global Health Care Outlook: The Evolution of Smart Health Care: With quality, outcomes, and value being the watchwords for health care in the 21st century, sector stakeholders around the globe are looking for innovative and cost-effective ways to deliver patient-centered, technology-enabled “smart” health care, both inside and outside hospital walls. | Terri Cooper, Stephanie Allen, Deloitte
- Healthcare’s Digital Future: Healthcare industry is on the cusp of a third wave of IT adoption, and that now is the time for it to go all in on digital strategies. Understanding what patients want—and what is purely myth—can help pave the way. Read these insights based on an international survey to better plan your next moves in the journey toward full digitization. | Stefan Biesdorf and Florian Niedermann, Mckinsey
- Medtech: Joining the Digital Party: Capitalizing on digital transformation may not be sufficiently high on the priority list for the medtechindustry, compared with both the wider healthcare sector and other industries. This report examines the barriers to digital transformation within the medtech industry and the key issues that medtech companies need to address. | Ernest Brittingham, Lauren McCourt, Russell Reynolds Associates
- Weak Healthcare Cyber Security Can Cost BillionsHealthcare providers that do not make cyber security a strategic priority will put $305 billion of cumulative lifetime patient revenue at risk over the next five years. Active defense requires a risk-based approach to cyber security management, using analytics to detect events and threats. | Brian Kalis, Jennifer Combs, Janessa Nickell, Accenture
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming month exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey. Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- 5 Best Applications to Grow a Consulting Business: Consulting is about knowledge, but most importantly, about the way we communicate to others. You can increase the effectiveness of your daily consultant’s job using different types of apps . Check them out. | Picksaas
- Going for Growth: How to Expand without Destroying your Business: Starting a business is full of challenges, but growing can be even trickier. Here are some tips on ‘scaling up without screwing up’. | Alison Coleman, The Guardian
- How to Navigate the Consulting Recruiting Process When Firms Aren’t Coming to Your MBA Program: Most global management consultancies recruit at only a select number of MBA programs. Read to find out What you shoud do if you’re a strong candidate and a firm is not recruiting at your school. | MBA Schooled
- Why I knew I was right for a job that didn’t exist yet (and how I got it): If you do not feel a fit in any of the classic paths in Consulting, check out this article for some insights. | Julie de la Kethulle de Ryhove, Board of Innovation
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]