This Week in Consulting
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“As the first price cuts at Whole Foods under Amazon ownership take place, many are asking how Amazon can be confident it can cut prices and “make the numbers add up” in food retail? “
This Week’s Must Read comes from an insight piece from Oliver Wyman, in which the consultants describe how the upcoming revolution could turn groceries from a business that delivers a good – food – to a service that helps customers plan and manage their food needs.
Read the full article “How Amazon is Assembling the future of grocery”.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Consulting 2017 Who is Disrupting Who?: Ten key lessons from the 2017 MCA Consultancy Buyers Forum conference discussing how both Consultants and Clients are being disrupted. | Mick James, CBF
- Deloitte Consulting to Credit R.I. $58.6 Million for New Software Problems: The latest credit follows a disclosure made by Deloitte of a new system error in its so-called “RI Bridges” software system, which resulted in the discovery of thousands of unprocessed applications, according to the state Department of Human Services | Tom Mooney, Providence Journal
- Appalling Audit Quality Could Lead To Next Enron: ASIC chief says inspections have found appalling results. The quality of Australian corporate audits is appalling and getting worse, potentially leading to an Enron-style corporate collapse, according to corporate regulator Greg Medcraft. | E. Tadros, Australian Financial Review
- Managing the Managers: The Rise of the Business ‘Philosopher-kings: Are the new ideas and approaches pioneered by management consultants worth their fees? What accounts for why companies like McKinsey gained such a foothold in the economy? | Tim Harford, BBC World Service
Consulting Quest has launched Jobsulting, the only management Consulting-focused global recruiting platform that partners with consulting firms to link their demands to the right consulting candidates. Register on the platform today and enjoy free posting for one year.
- Self Driving Cars Could Change How Cities Are Built: Self-driving cars won’t just revolutionize the way we use transport but many believe they will also alter the way houses and cities are built. | Brad Anderson
- Turning Strategy Into Action: Why Many Organizations Are Not Fit to Deliver? Many companies find turning strategy into action very challenging, not because of a weakness in the strategy itself, but because the organization is not aligned to, or focused on, its success. | Aubry Pierre, Simon Horan, Tim McGrath, Philip Roux, L.E.K. Consulting Executive Insights
- Digital Manufacturing: The Technology is There, So Why Is It Not Happening?: The digital transformation is unstoppable: digital manufacturing is the way forward. What matters now is figuring out how to make the most of it. | Robin Van Dongen, Eduard Smits, Accenture Insights
Our Paris Digital Workshop:
“How to Create Value Through A Digital Transformation?”
will be held on Nov 30th 2017.
Join us and executives from BNP, Carlson, RATP, Solvay, Thales, …. !
- What Consulting Firms Have to Solve to Win at Advertising: Consultancies may want to replace agencies at the head of the advertiser’s table, but industrywide fears of that happening anytime soon are overhyped. | Digiday
- Why Maintaining Organizational Flexibility is the Key to Sustainable Growth for your Consultancy? In a consulting firm, delivering great value and return on investment for your clients is a must have, but the key to profitability is finding the size and cost structure that works for you. | H Laffitte, Consulting Quest
- Consulting Skill – Adaptability: In today’s market you need to be able to add value above and beyond what is available through a Google search. | Lew Sauder, Consulting 101
- Where Should You Look for Your Next Consulting Job? Jobsulting is the only global recruiting platform that serves the Consulting industry and its specific needs. | H Laffitte, Consulting Quest
- Credere Group is looking for a Change Management Consultants, who will serve as a Project/Program Leader for large transformational projects. The ideal consultant for this position will thrive in leading large, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment, where they have direct influence Learn More
- Extropy Advisors is looking for a candidate who is passionate about learning new technologies, making sense of data and collaborating with different stakeholders across organizations. Strong analytical and team collaboration skills. And a deep desire to continuously grow and improve. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.