This Week in Consulting
Friday, April 13th, 2018
The Keys to Organizational Agility
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Organisations will need agility – the ability to change quickly and easily. In fact we need to welcome change. Change needs to be our currency. “
Change is hitting all of us from all directions and at a blinding rate. It is hard to imagine a world without video streaming, social media, smart phones and Google. Yet none of these technologies existed just over 20 years ago. We cannot predict the next Netflix or Google but we do know that technological changes will disrupt organizations in ways we can’t begin to imagine. Organizations that are agile will adapt, survive and thrive. But what does it mean for an organization to be “Agile”? This Week’s Must Read features an article from PA Consulting, in which the consultants discuss the biggest challenges facing organisations over the next 20 years and define a list of characteristics an Agile organisation should in order to survive and thrive.
Read the Full Article “Agility is essential for organisational survival”, written by Jon Baker and Sam Bunting from PA Consulting.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Mike Richardson is dedicated to helping managers, executives, CEOs, teams and organizations close “the agility gap” — that’s the gap between the increasing demands upon our agility and our ability to supply the agility needed.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- NextContinent Admits Curzon & Company into its Consulting Network: London-based management consultancy Curzon & Company been admitted into NextContinent, an international alliance of consulting firms with a presence in 30 countries. The association sees Curzon, which is NextContinent’s first affiliated consultancy in the United Kingdom, reap the benefits of being part of a global network of over 4,500 professionals, both in terms of business development and client delivery. | Curzon & Company Press Release
- Wavestone Acquires UK’s Fast Growing IT Consultancy Xceed Group: International consulting firm Wavestone has acquired Xceed Group, a fast growing technology consultancy with sixty employees across offices in London, Edinburgh and New York. The acquisition accelerates the international development of Wavestone in line with the strategic plan Wavestone 2021. | Wavestone Press Release
- Consultancies Delta Capita and The Field Effect Agree Strategic Alliance: Two London-based consulting firms for the financial services industry – Delta Capita and The Field Effect – have agreed a strategic alliance. The deal sees the consultancies work together on a range of topics in the professional services value chain, from consulting and delivery to solutions and managed services. | Delta Capita Press Release
- German Consulting Firm Camelot Launches Blockchain Platform For Medical Data Management: German Camelot Consulting Group has developed a Blockchain-based solution for the management of sensitive medical data. With its Hypertrust X-Chain data management system, the company aims to offer the healthcare industry a secure digital platform for the exchange of patient data. | Cointelegraph
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- Staying Agile in a Turbulent World: As the economic recovery takes hold, managers might be tempted to breathe a sigh of relief and ease up on the pace with which they have been driving their organizations. However, doing so—although appealing—could have disastrous consequences. | Ed Barrows and Andy Neely, Cambridge Performance Partners
- From Fragile to Agile Fast: Why Agility is the Key to Success: The pace of change is picking up both in commercial and public organizations, driven by digitalization, rapid changes in customer expectations, emerging technologies and disruptive competition. Many organizations have come a long way in a short time in responding to the digital revolution. But have they gone far enough fast enough? | Peter Ekdahl, Joakim Percival, Jesse Riekki, Accenture Nordic Research
- Agility is the New “Secret Ingredient” of High Performing Teams: In a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous business environment, teams must be more than high-performing to win in the marketplace, they also need to be agile. The research dives into the foundational principles of effective teamwork. | Nick Horney, Agility Consulting
- How to Create an Agile Organization: Transforming companies to achieve organizational agility is in its early days but already yielding positive returns. While the paths can vary, survey findings suggest how to start. | Karin Ahlbäck, Clemens Fahrbach, Monica Murarka, Olli Salo, Mckinsey
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming month exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- Too Much? Too Little? How to Set Fees for Your New Consulting Business: To survive as a consultant, you need to charge fees that will enable you to stay in business; at the same time, both you and your clients need to feel that your fees are fair and equitable. | Eileen Figure Sandlin, Entrepreneur
- Irrational Value Assessment: How Perceived Value Can Help Consultants: No matter what kind of strategy you employ on the ground level, do not neglect the power of irrational value assessment, and use it as a complement to your carefully honed analytical and sales skills. | Consulting Quest
- To the Brainy, the spoils: As the world grows more confusing, demand for clever consultants is booming. Big trends that befuddle clients mean big money for clever consultants. Find out how. | The Economist
- 5 Reasons to Try Consulting (No Matter What You Want to Do): There are plenty of consulting perks that almost everyone knows about. But there are a number of lesser-known reasons to work in consulting—that might provide a little more meaning than the moolah. | The Muse
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.