This Week in Consulting
Friday, December 21th, 2018
An Overall Approach to Change Management
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“A logical and well-designed strategy for change, if not centered around people, is doomed to remain just an elusive goal described by a distant management team.”
Any transformation is brought to life by hundreds, even thousands, of frontline employees who deliver service to customers and perform other crucial jobs every day. A company can’t count on all of these professionals to envision what the organization will look like in the future, after the desire change has occurred. Management must instead supply the vision. That vision should include how individual employees fit into the new organization, and what benefits will result from this evolution of their careers.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from PwC &Strategy, where the consultants provide insights on the most effective approach to change management.
Read on to Find out More: “An Overall Approach to Change Management“, featuring Gary Neilson, Andrew Tipping, DeAnne Aguirre, Reggie Van Lee, John Jones, Paul Hyde, Wolfgang Schirra, Jörg Krings, and Claudia Staub, Booz Allen Hamilton.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Who says change needs to be hard? Organizational change expert Jim Hemerling thinks adapting your business in today’s constantly-evolving world can be invigorating instead of exhausting. He outlines five imperatives, centered around putting people first, for turning company reorganization into an empowering, energizing task for all.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Quantuma leads on MBO of Miles 33: UK-origin advertising management software firm Miles 33 has completed a management buyout (MBO) as it looks to make the most of growth opportunities in the US. Business advisory firm Quantuma helped oversee the buyout from owner Ares Capital. Moving forward, the management team, led by Mike Moore, will look to expand its US clientele, with The Boston Globe, Maine Today Media and Record Journal amongst its clients. | Quantuma Press Release
- DLT teams up with consultancy agency to devise UK television formats: Consulting firm Grand Scheme Media has forged a new agreement with television production and distribution company DLT. The agreement will see the firms work together to develop new entertainment TV formats for British broadcasters. The firm’s great track record has attracted the attention of DLT Entertainment, a New York and London headquartered media production firm, as it looks to create a new generation of innovative programming. | ATV Today
- Businesses must value purpose over profit to succeed in future: Business cannot afford to ignore purpose-led consumption anymore, according to a new study. The majority of consumers now expect companies to take a stand on current and broadly relevant issues such as sustainability, transparency and fair employment practices – if they are to retain their customers. | Consultancy.uk
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Change Management 2019: Change Management 2019 is designed to support your professional growth and goals – allowing you to choose specific Conference sessions, connect with fellow practitioners and create an experience to enhance your overall expertise
The Effect of an Employee’s Psychology on their Readiness for Change : There is a distinct and unique psychology to organizational change management. The psychological approach to managing employees through change requires understanding the psychological constructs of our employees called Psychological Capital.
- Increase profitability with product change management: Changes initiated by customers provide an excellent opportunity to increase margins. The Global Pricing Study shows, however, that companies often fail to seize this opportunity successfully. This is mainly caused by weak change management. Companies that optimize their change management in the six described areas can achieve a margin increase of over 5% during the product lifecycle. | Dr. Clemens Oberhammer, Philipp Jaenicke and Joel Samuel, Simon-Kucher&Partners
- Is Your Change Management Approach Keeping Pace with Digital? The traditional foundational approach to change management, no matter how rigorous, is no longer sufficient. Yet digital tools alone cannot possibly enable an organization to achieve large-scale, sustainable change. When combined, however, the two create a powerful and holistic way for change leaders to articulate, plan, deploy, and measure the results of their most significant change efforts. | Stephanie Mingardon, Meldon Wolfgang, Mike Lewis, Aaron Snyder, Greg Meyding, BCG
- The Value of Organizational Change Management Consulting: Creating Competitive Advantage through the Supply Base: New digital technology can play an important role to support companies in answering these questions and help organizations creating a competitive advantage through their supply base. | Kerry Phillips, KSM Consulting
- Why We Need To Rethink Organizational Change Management:The flaws of the traditional change management model are themselves a symptom of a larger problem. Many organizations are simply not set up for agile change. While managers are busy relentlessly communicating about the change imperative, the design of many organizations slants the playing field toward controllability, stability, routinization, risk-avoidance, zero-tolerance for error, or deference to authority. | Carsten Tams, Forbes
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- 9 Useful Time Management Tips For Consultants:Time management is an essential key to the success of any business or individual. Here are some tips on how you can optimize your time as a senior partner or owner at a consultant firm. | ITsGuru
- How to Earn a Seat at Another Company’s Innovation Table: Innovation is the buzzword on everyone’s lips these days. It no longer matters only whether companies succeed, but also whether they do it in a more innovative manner than their competitors. | Entrepreneur Europe
- The 8 Best Consulting Books to Buy in 2018: Despite 2018 is coming to an end, it is not too late to catch up on these great consulting books. Hone your skills and become the best consultant you can be with these best consulting books. | The Balance small business
- Advice for Aspiring Project Management Consultants: What does it mean to be a project management consultant? Jennifer Bridges, PMP, explains and shows you how to become one in this short tutorial video. | Jennifer Bridges, PDUs2Go.com
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]