This Week in Consulting
Friday, Aug 11th, 2018
Healthcare’s Digital Future
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Many institutions in the private and public sector have already moved to the third wave of IT adoption—full digitization of their entire enterprise, including digital products, channels, and processes, as well as advanced analytics that enable entirely new operating models.”
Healthcare industry is on the cusp of a third wave of IT adoption, and that now is the time for it to go all in on digital strategies. Understanding what patients want—and what is purely myth—can help pave the way. Read these insights based on an international survey to better plan your next moves in the journey toward full digitization.
No longer limited to helping organizations do a certain task better or more efficiently, digital technology has the potential to affect every aspect of business and private life, enabling smarter choices, allowing people to spend more time on tasks they deem valuable, and often fundamentally transforming the way value is created. What will this third wave of IT adoption look like for healthcare? This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece that offers answers to this question.
Read on to Find out More: “Healthcare’s Digital Future”, featuring Stefan Biesdorf and Florian Niedermann from Mckinsey.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Technology is changing the way we look at things and the way we work together in the clinical world. It’s not disruption, it’s evolution, and it’s empowering us all to evolve. Join us on the journey of the digital revolution in healthcare.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- New breed of fluid and agile consultancies challenging large consultants: Freed from worrying about cost recovery and the staffing and utilisation of benched teams, these new consultancies are able to focus on making incredibly valuable connections through their networks, broadening and deepening their capabilities, and rapidly forming flexible teams of highly experienced top performers. That’s how they deliver exceptional crowd sourced solutions, while providing great value for money. | Consultancy uk
- Consulting industry of Saudi Arabia is set for double digit growth: The management consulting industry of Saudi Arabia is expected to return to double-digit growth this year after beginning its rebound in 2017 following several years of diminished returns. The states of the GCC last year saw their collective management consulting market grow to a worth of $2.8 billion, returning to positive growth at a rate of 7 percent following a period of decline from 2014 when growth was running as high as at 20 percent or more. | Consultancy-me
- Elixirr partners with Envestnet | Yodlee for two day FinTech event: Global consulting firm Elixirr’s latest partnership has seen it work with FinTech producer Envestnet | Yodlee. The alliance has seen the firms team up to bring Envestnet | Yodlee’s experience from Silicon Valley to London for a two-day Launchpad event. | Elixirr Press Release
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- The Core Four Elements of a Solid Digital Health Infrastructure: New technologies along with the data and insights that they provide, are changing the way the pharma industry engages with patients and providers. It is important to understand what companies can do to lay the groundwork for a solid digital health infrastructure. Here is a perspective piece on what it takes to build a digital health infrastructure that will lead to better care for patients and better outcomes for pharmaceutical companies. | Anshul Agarwal, Hensley Evans and Connie Bazos, ZS Associates.
- Medtech: Joining the Digital Party: Capitalizing on digital transformation may not be sufficiently high on the priority list for the medtechindustry, compared with both the wider healthcare sector and other industries. This report examines the barriers to digital transformation within the medtech industry and the key issues that medtech companies need to address. | Ernest Brittingham, Lauren McCourt, Russell Reynolds Associates
- InsurTech Caught On The Radar: Hype Or The Next Frontier?: InsurTech is currently one of the hottest topics in the insurance industry.But are they a hype or will winners take their place in the growing InsurTech space? | Dietmar Kottmann and Nikolai Dordrechter, Oliver Wyman
- Artificial Intelligence: Healthcare’s New Nervous System: Key clinical health AI applications can potentially create $150 billion in annual savings for the United States healthcare economy by 2026. | Matt Collier, Richard Fu, Lucy Yin, Accenture
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- What Will Be The Most Exciting Fintech Trends In 2018?: A few predictions of 2018 fintech trends that you need to know as a consultant in order to catch up with the rapid changes. | Forbes
- 7 Websites Every Consultant Should Know About and Use: Whether you need to get important industry information, create a killer PowerPoint, or just get career advice, here are seven online resources. | Alex Nuah, The Muse
- 5 Books for Aspiring Conusltants: If you’ve been contemplating a shift to Consulting, the following titles will help you build foundational knowledge and gain practical skills. | Harvard Extension
- 2018 Recruiting Trends: Our Top 10 Hiring Trends to Watch: 2018 will see some game changers in the recruitment space, along with an acceleration and shift of known trends. | Aaron Hardy, Rebecca Skilbeck, Pageup
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.