This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, May 8th, 2019
How leaders are navigating the Fourth Industrial Revolution
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The speed by which things are changing is increasing at astonishing rates, product cycles are much shorter, innovation is happening faster, and it is very challenging for the C-suite, as well as the employees, to keep up with the pace. We have pivoted from a product-oriented organization ot a services-oriented organization, which requires different people, different skillsets, and at times, painful transitions.”
Industry 4.0 holds the promise of a new era of globalization. Yet while latest survey identifies companies successfully implementing Industry 4.0 technologies, many senior executives remain less prepared than they think they are.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Deloitte’s Global annual survey assessing business and development readiness for the fourth industrial revolution. Of the many insights uncovered in this year’s report—which covers more than 2000 C-suite executives across 19 countries—one seems to stand out: The number of respondents who insisted they are doing “all they could” to prepare their workforces for Industry 4.0 fell by nearly half. Knowing that business leaders are loath to take their collective foot off the pedal, this likely means that many executive are gaining a much deeper understanding of Industry 4.0, are increasingly aware of the challenges before them, and are viewing the actions needed to succeed in Industry 4.0 more realistically
Read on to Find out More: “Success personified in the Fourth Industrial Revolution“, Flemming Besenbacher, Natasha Buckley and Mark Cotteleer, Deloitte.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Consultant Pedro D’Arezzo Maestrelli tells about Implement’s take on Industry 4.0.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Sia Partners Acquires Management Consulting Firm GMG: Management and technology consultancy Sia Partners has boosted its financial services sector in North America with the acquisition of New York–based management consultancy Gartland & Mellina Group (GMG). | AP news
- Capgemini and Autodesk partnership agreement: Global IT services and consulting firm Capgemini has announced a partnership with Autodesk on a new Building Information Modelling platform. The move is thought to come as a response to growing demand for more comprehensive lifecycle management tools. | Capgemini
- West Monroe Partners Acquires Waterstone Management Group: Business and technology consultancy West Monroe Partners has acquired Waterstone Management Group, a consultancy for private equity and tech firms. | West Monroe Partners
- NETSMART Expands Service offerings with Acquisition of Healthcare advisory firm MCBEE: Netsmart has purchased a Pennsylvania-based health care consulting firm that will bring more than 250 employees to the fast-growing company. Overland Park-based Netsmart said Thursday that it acquired McBee. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. |Netsmart
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Fourth Industrial Revolution: South Africa’s key Industrial Automation and Control event, Africa Automation Fair, will this year host a high-level conference on Connected Industries in line with growing international focus on the ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution’ and the advanced, connected industries of the future.
Change Leadership Conference 2019 – Leading Change in the 4th Industrial Revolution: The 2019 conference is focused on preparing Leaders, Change Agents and Organizations to Lead Change in face of the Fourth Industrial Revolution!
- Industry 4.0-A challenge and a Chance: Putting the client first, Industry 4.0 guarantees better products, more efficient production methods and bespoke industrial services. The comprehensive interconnection of processes in production, logistics and services is a huge issue at practically every large manufacturer in Europe. | Marcus Berret, Roland Berger
- Digitalization and the Internet of Things (IoT) have a tremendous impact on our world. It is obvious that organizations need to address the issue of digital transformation, yet few have a concrete strategy. Those that tackle digital transformation and IoT will be the leaders of tomorrow, shaping the future of their industries. | Dr. Rhena Helmus, Juergen Grabenhofer, Siemens
- Are you ready for the next industrial revolution – redesigning your business to benefit from Industry 4.0: Intelligent and digitally-enabled supply chains will boost competition, while data connectivity and visibility between processes, customers and suppliers will manage demand volatility, minimize lost sales, cut the production costs and enable mass customization. | Theodoros Tsongidis, PA Consulting
- Industry 4.0: The key promise of the Industry 4.0 concept is as striking as it is fascinating-we are about to witness a new industrial revolution, fueled by the advancement of digital technologies. The fusion of the physical and the virtual world into cyberphysical systems will have a disruptive impact on every business domain of manufacturing companies. | Jochen Bechtold, Andreas Kern, Christoph Lauenstein and Lena Bernhofer, Capgemini
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- 50 product management blogs you should be reading: Regardless of whether you’re a newbie PM or a veteran in your field, there are tons of product management blogs worth checking out. | Eleni Deacon, Roadmunk
- 8 Characteristics of great consultant: Finding out whether you have what it takes to be a successful and a happy consultant. | Pauwels Consulting
- Good to Know: Why Companies Really Hire Consultants – Often, when you explain what you do for a living being a management consultant, you will get asked why companies hire consultants in the first place. | Alexandra Nuth
- Consulting: Everybody’s Doing It, Should You? Read on to learn about management consulting, what the job entails and how consulting might not be the shortcut to the executive suite that many assume it is. | Marvin Dumont
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]