This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
How the Future of AI Will Impact Business
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Sixty-two percent of hiring managers say that AI will change how we work within five years. However, this approach isn’t about replacing people’s jobs with robots. “Our research found that machine learning seldom, if ever, replaces entire occupations.”
Artificial intelligence (AI) is continuing its migration out of the research lab and into the world of business. Leading companies across hundreds of industries are harnessing its power — from banks analyzing countless data points in seconds to detect fraud, to call centers deploying chatbots to improve customer interactions.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Salesforce and an approach on why AI has tremendous potential for improving the way organizations operate.
Read on to Find out More: “How the Future of AI Will Impact Business“, Devon McGinnis, Salesforce
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies are crucial to making the high-quality business decisions required to innovate…
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Support for AI in government highest among Asian nations: Among the major topics dominating discussions at this year’s World Economic Forum was a global call to action on developing artificial intelligence governmental frameworks, with Deloitte stating in its attendant ‘AI Ethics: The Next Big Thing in Government’ report that “Gaining societal consensus on the ethics of AI is one of the key tasks of the government”. | Consultancy.asia
- Is your organisation ready for the quantum internet? The primary driver of the race to create quantum computers is their ability to solve problems that today’s classical computers can’t. One such problem is the factoring of large prime numbers – the basis of common encryption protocols used on the internet today. | Rob Gear and Paul Martin, PA Consulting
- Big Data Expo shows Guizhou’s big ambition as China’s Big Data Valley: In merely four years, the Expo has become an important annual event in the big data industry with a focus on the latest trends and win-win cooperation. Focusing on “innovative development and digital future”, the expo features high-end dialogues, forums, contests, exhibitions and other colorful events, which spotlight the latest technical innovations and provide an international platform for presentation of hi-tech companies. | Cision PR Newswire
- The Digitalization of the Energy Business: Are you Prepared? While digitization isn’t new, it is becoming increasingly integral to regulated and deregulated businesses alike, across the energy industry. Today, even if you are not an early adopter, you will need to embrace new and emerging technologies to keep pace with the marketplace. | Capco
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
The AI & Big Data Expo North America: Our high-level conferences will bring together forward thinking brands, market leaders, AI & Big Data evangelists and hot start-ups to explore and debate the advancements in Artificial Intelligence & Big Data
AI Paris: AI Paris offers a complete overview of artificial intelligence opportunities and technologies through two days of exhibitions, strategic conferences and business use cases, workshops and meetings
Interested in submitting?
- Future of Artificial Intelligence for 2020: Speaking of Millennials and the next rising generation — what differentiates us from our predecessors is the inventions. Humans have now created and add further constructions to almost everything that we can touch in our virtual lives. The only thing common between us, our predecessors and the next generation will be our brains. | M. Al Nabeel
- 4 Ways Artificial Intelligence Is Shaping the Future for Businesses Big And Small: Artificial intelligence (AI) is becoming not just a curious concept, but a business asset worthy of every entrepreneur’s attention. You can use AI to increase customer retention, NPS, sales close rate and pre-qualify leads. | Andrew Medal for Entrepreneur
- Bot.Me: A revolutionary partnership-With a market projected to reach $70 billion by 2020, artificial intelligence is poised to have a transformative effect on consumer, enterprise, and government markets around the world. Despite the way the film industry and news media portray AI, most consumers see the potential for good. | Pwc
- Confronting the risks of artificial intelligence: With great power comes great responsibility. Organizations can mitigate the risks of applying artificial intelligence and advanced analytics by embracing three principles. Yet even as AI generates consumer benefits and business value, it is also giving rise to a host of unwanted, and sometimes serious, consequences. | Benjamin Cheatham, Kia Javanmardian, and Hamid Samandari, McKinsey
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]