This Week in Consulting
Friday, Aug 24th, 2018
Redefining the Role of HR in Workforce Innovation
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“ Decisions on workforce strategy need to incorporate a wide set of factors and trends across society, technology, demography. They should also address the tax, legal and regulatory implications. The need to properly plan for the short-, mid- and long-term is greater than ever.” In addition to traditional pressures mounting for HR, it will be incumbent upon HR to address challenges associated with the Workforce of the Future, requiring HR to address new domains and employ new ways of thinking. There are six primary challenges to be addressed: workforce strategy, workforce performance and experience, workforce environment, workforce risk, diversity and inclusion, and learning strategies. This Week’s Must Read features an analytical piece from PwC, in which the consultants offer solutions to these challenges. Read on to Find out More: “Rethinking HR for the Future of Work”, featuring Scott Pollak, Shebani Patel, Talia Rozensher from PwC.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Quackery and pseudoscience can be very dangerous. Not only in medicine but also in human resources. Alarmed by the nonsensical ideas of Transactional Analysis, Patrick Vermeren set out on a mission to reveal the truth about the many HR theories, models and questionnaires.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- EY Expands Global Legal Managed services Offering with Acquisition of Riverview Law: With the Big Four looking to enter the coveted legal space, and open themselves up to lucrative new contracts in the process, the foursome are weighing up merger and acquisition activity to break into the market. The UK wing of EY has struck a deal to purchase Riverview Law, as the professional services giant works to expand its legal offering. | EY Press Release
- Stantec Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire UK-Based Peter Brett Associates: Alberta-headquartered engineering group Stantec has been increasing its UK footprint via a campaign of aggressive acquisitions in recent months. The latest in a succession of Canadian acquisitions of UK firms has seen Stantec agree to acquire Peter Brett Associates. The British consultancy is in line to become a part of the engineering giant once the deal is finalised at the turn of the month. | Market Watch
- Grey launches Consulting Arm to Battle the Management Consultants: One of the world’s largest design agencies has launched a consulting outfit, as the two industries continue on their trajectory towards a historic synthesis. Grey Consulting is not billed as a direct competitor of established consultancies, however the firm behind the new entity hope that its creative experience will help give it a competitive edge when winning consulting business from its existing clients. | Consultancy uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- What’s the Role of HR in agile Organizations?: As organisations strive for greater agility, many are quickly realising that introducing Agile practices and processes like Scrum and SAFe just isn’t enough. Successful agility is dependent on a shift in culture and values – becoming more transparent, collaborative, user-centric and team-based. | Amy Dickenson, PA Consulting
- Innovation: A Strategic HR Imperative: HR leaders need to understand the critical importance of innovation today and how to contribute to your organization’s Innovation mandate by attracting and keeping the most innovative people, constantly improving their skills and creating a culture of innovation. This will enable your organization to differentiate itself. These are a part of the role of HR. | Michael Stanleigh, BIA Consulting
- 6 Trends in the Future of Human Resource Management: Procurement can be a major lever in the digital transformation if it succeeds to change the perspective from a tool dominated to a commercial topic. Read about how you can anticipate digitalization through the core competencies of procurement. | Maggy Fang, Willis Towers Watson
- Real Learning in a Virtual World -How VR Can Improve Learning and Training Outcomes: How can corporate trainers prepare employees for dangerous or extraordinary workplace scenarios? Latest insight piece from Deloitte discussing how VR technology offers immersive learning opportunities for an increasingly broad range of experiences. | Tony DeMarinis, Lynne Calligaro, Cary Harr, Joe Mariani, Deloitte
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey. Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- How Consultants Project Expertise and Learn at the Same Time: Have you ever experienced the “impostor syndrome” during your work? Do not worry. Learn how you can turn it from a psychological flaw into a vital skill which will keep you sharp and on the edge at all times. | HBR
- The Management Consultant’s Survival Guide: Here are some ideas on how you can avoid clients that will end up being more trouble than their worth (get out your ten-foot pole). | B2b Inbound Marketer
- How You Can Learn To Think Like A Consultant At A Top Firm: If you want to begin to train and exercise your mind to think like a consultant at a top level firm, this article is for you. | Forbes
- Must know Tools & Techniques in a Business Consulting World: Here are some of the tools and techniques which are crucial in a business consulting job. Check for yourself. | Insights Success
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.